DFSee version 12.4 released today!
April 03, 2015 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 12.4 has been released, with some significant updates.
It is a MINOR release, with several small fixes and enhancements,
and many improvements in file recovery.
For recovered files, the original date and time information is now retained
for almost any filesystem and operating system. For HPFS and FAT32 it now
also preserves the long-filename much better.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 12.3
- ADJUST FS size, respect HPFS 64GiB limit in manual command 'resize -m'
- EXFAT file recovery: set original file date/time from FILE dir entry
- EXFAT file recovery: fix directory interpretation bug causing failure
- EXPAND do NOT allow manual override of maximum size in dialog (clip)
- EXPAND filesystem/partition, limit size to 64GiB for HPFS filesystems
- EXPAND Max accepted size automatically reduced for cylinder alignment
- FAT(32) file recovery: set original file date/time, incl create/access
- FAT(32) file recovery: use long-filename for recovered file, if present
- FDISK/startup: 0-disks/admin-hint in popup requiring user confirmation
- FILEFIND/DELFIND -D option to search for DIRECTORIES only (when possible)
- GEO Update total nr of sectors and cylinders on byte-per-sector change
- HELP (commandline) added the MENU2HTML command to '??' command overview
- HPFS DELFIND/FILEFIND Create proper FNODE find-SPACE for fast searching
- HPFS Fnode display and 'list -f': show FULL long-filename and path
- HPFS file recovery: set original file date/time, when still available
- HPFS file recovery: use FULL long filename (>15) when still available
- HPFS file recovery: use FULL long name (>15) on all path components too
- HPFS: Fixed hang with long-filename display on deleted files/directories
- ID '-v-' non-verbose, suppress contents display for the sector
- IMAGE/RESTORE correctly set default size when a start offset specified
- LIST '-d-' suppress contents display for the '-c' cmd execution option
- LIST '-t-' or '-t' TEST option is passed on to cmd given with '-c'
- LIST '-v-' or '-v' VERBOSE option is passed on to cmd given with '-c'
- LIST: Changed function key from 'alloc' to list display (list -f)
- LOG Display DFSee working directory at startup and start of any logfile
- PART table (read/view) Fix handling of size value 0xffffffff (truncate)
- PART WARNING for GPT header at WRONG sectorsize (512 byte versus 4 KiB)
- RECOVER Set original timestamps on DOS/OS2: fix 'off by 1 month' bug
- RECOVER Set original file access/modify timestamps on UNIX/Linux too
- SCAN sn parameter to set the start sector for the scan as MCS-number
- SLT2LIST correctly set default size when a start offset specified
- VDISK avoid traps on read/write after changing geometry bytes-per-sector
- WINDOWS added hint to reduce security level in User Access Control (UAC)
- WIPE correctly set default size when a start offset is specified
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com