DFSee 12.6 released
August 19, 2015 by email@example.com
DFSee version 12.6 has been released.
It is a MINOR release, with several small fixes and some (script) enhancements,
and improvements in error handling and readability, mainly for Linux ans OSX.
It is likely to be last minor release for version 12 ...
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 12.5
- DFSUSB32 'Create bootable USB': Detect locked FS (Windows) by wipe MBR and retry
- DFSF32ST, DFSF16ST, DFSIFSTD, DFSJFS35 scripts: Handle (Windows) locked FS better
- FIX*LDR: Allow spaces in DIR names for FIXNTLDR, FIXHPLDR, FIXJFLDR and VIRT
- FIXNTLDR: Supply specific version of loader for Windows-7 and up: DFSNTLDR.IM7
- GEO: Select correct LVM-DLAT for Geometry, when multiple are present
- IMAGE/RESTORE/CLONE: Avoid defaulting 'confirmation' to 'error ignore' in batch
- LOG: Fixed autonumbering of logfiles 'fname^' for Linux and OSX platforms
- MENU: added 'Ignore (R/W) errors' selection to 'Edit' menu, with indicator
- MENU: added UX devicename to selection text for partitions in lists and menus
- PART: Moved 'ux' column in table displays to directly after the 'ID' column
- SCREEN: '-reset' resets terminal on exit (UNIX: reset, others: CLS)
- SET: added 'set error confirm/ignore/quit' to use from scripts (profile.dfs)
- SET: added 'set reset on/off' for terminal RESET on program exit
- SWITCHES: Fixed several 'long name' switch names (wrong in 12.5!)
- UI: Updated CLONE and IMAGE dialogs for wider partition lists (UX device)
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - firstname.lastname@example.org