DFSee version 12.7 released
October 06, 2015 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 12.7 has been released.
It is a MINOR release, with a few small fixes and enhancements for Linux,
and an update to the commandline HISTORY, which was made configurable
using a 'SET HISTORY ...' command, either interactive or in profile.dfs
PLAIN : New default, very predictable behaviour, with NO removal
of duplicate commands, and NO filtering based on prefix
FILTER : Only list/select items from the history where the typed
prefix on the commandline matches the start of the item
(similar to 'completion')
UNIQUE : Do NOT store any exact duplicates in the history, can be
useful when many commands are issued.
CLASSIC : A combination of FILTER and UNIQUE, and also the behaviour of all previous DFSee versions.
This will be the last minor release for version 12,
anticipating version 13 with full GPT support.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 12.6
- SET HISTORY: commandline behaviour: PLAIN, FILTER, UNIQUE or CLASSIC
- HISTORY buffer behaviour: plain, completion-filter and/or duplicate-filter
- OSX/Linux: Use 'stty -echo' at start to avoid spurious input echos
- Linux: fixed working of Shift-TAB for Linux terminal (dialog navigation)
- SET: Fixed crash in 'set screen', added current value display on others
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com