Fat32 IFS updated
July 16, 2003 by Massimo S.
Netlabs is proud to announce a new version of its Fat32 IFS (version 0.95b). This driver uses Warpin to install, fixes a lot of bugs, adds a fat32.inf file, and replaces the aging partfilt.flt driver with Daniela Engert's DaniDASD.DMD for non-LVM systems. Daniela's driver also has an inf file also.
Changes in fat32.ifs version 0.95:
- FAT32.IFS now supports DBCS, especially Korean, correctly.
- Fixed 'unsigned' overflow problems.
- When both /FS and /EAS are enabled, MOVE and REN command don't process EA files correctly. Fixed.
- When /FL(default) is enabled, FillDirEntry doesn't recognize 8.3 name pointing to the same file as long name.
- When /EAS is disabled, FAT32.IFS now pass empty EA.
- Changed UFAT32 to find volume label in ROOT directory not in bootsector.
- Changed UFAT32 to report 'file allocation error' as long name.
- Added FSCTL function to get short name from long name.
- When /FS is enabled and a target file already exists, COPY and MOVE command names a target file to the short name of the exisintg file. Fixed.
- Fixed bug of 'Dest check routine' in FS_COPY.
- Fixed a potential problem in FS_MOVE.
- Fixed a problem of CACHEF32.EXE with restarting lazy write deamon after quiting it on CMD.EXE.
- Added /Y to assume 'Yes' for CACHEF32.EXE.
- Added /S to prevent CACHEF32.EXE from displaying normal messages.