DFSee version 13.2 released
April 05, 2016 by email@example.com
DFSee version 13.2 has been released.
It is a MINOR release, with a few LVM and disk geometry enhancements.
The disk geometry dialog, in the mode=FDISK menu, has been enhanced to
show the current cylinder- and track-size. Also, another predefined
geometry was added for large SSD disks for OS/2 systems.
The LVM processing now allows creating a partition while defining ALL
required LVM information, and make the new driveletter available
for use (formatting) without rebooting. For example:
dfsos2 -synclvm cr pri 07 -d:1 -F -L:'-p:Boot -v:OS2 -i -l:c'
To create a single installable primary partition using all freespace
on disk 1, and make that the C: driveletter.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 13.1
- CR/LVM: Allow -synclvm for driveletter on initial partition creation
- CR: Limit CHS values to the maximum values, instead of clipping them
- GEO: Dialog, new big-SSD 255/248 checkbox and Cyl/Track size display
- LVM: Allow the (documented!) -n:diskname option on a single partition
- MENU2HTML: Added (to-BASIC/EXPERT-menu) link in navigation menu-bar
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - firstname.lastname@example.org