Version 2.12 of bootAble uploaded
October 20, 2002 by Hayo Baan
Thought you'd like to know I've uploaded version 2.12 of bootAble. As usual you can find it at http://www.xs4all.nl/~hrbaan
Version history (changes since 2.10)
* Added NETBIOS and NETBIOS over TCP/IP protocol support (NETBIOS and NETBIOSTCPIP, disabled by default);
Note: Only the protocols themselves are supported, PEER functionality, for instance, is not provided.
* Added option to clean-out cdrecord image directory (pointed to by WRITERDRIVE) prior to adding bootable files and directories (CDRECORDCLEANDIR, disabled by default);
* Added option to support latest IBM Atapi driver which doesn't need IBMIDECD.FLT anymore (LATESTATAPI, disabled by default);
* Made many changes to TCP/IP support:
o Added ARP.EXE by default,
o Added INETWAIT.EXE to the TCP/IP initialisation,
o Corrected TCP/IP initialisation when using DHCP,
o Now using AFLEAN.SYS and SOCKETS.SYS instead of AFINETK.SYS and SOCKETSK.SYS,
o AFOS2.SYS has been removed (was not required for basic TCP/IP),
o Improved DHCP support; nameserver can now also be specified by the server dynamically (requires RAMDISK support on a bootAble CD),
o DHCP Client Monitor gets added when DHCP is enabled (WPS),
o Improved TCP/IP version 4.31 support; the 4.31 DHCP client required some additional DLLs, these will now be added when TCP/IP 4.31 is specified (TCPIP431, default).
* Additional DEVICE drivers can now be specified similar to how extra BASEDEV drivers were specified (EXTRADEVICE, EXTRADEVICEFILE.n, EXTRADEVICEOPTIONS.n).
* You can now specify multi-level directory structures without having to create the higher level directories first (EXTRADIRECTORY.n), you can now also specify the BOOKSHELF as path (EXTRADIRECTORYADDTOPATH.n);
* You can now comment-out lines in the configuration files and ini-file template with ';' as well;
* Corrected bug with ASPI support;
* Options of CDROM and ASPI support are now respected;
* Added sample configuration file for adding EMX runtime (bootAble.emxrt, contributed by Christoph Brendes)
* Improved parsing of ini-file templates: using '$$' as variable and '%%' as option delimeters, furthermore all configuration variables and options can now be used;
* Removed second setting of displaytype and help-path when WPS support was enabled;
* Rewrote installation instructions and merged with obtaining required files section.
* Added DHCP support (TCPIPDHCP);
* Fixed bug in bootAble.extra (missing quotes);
* Fixed bug in handling of extra directories, sometimes ',1' was added to the directory name.