DFSee version 5.00 released
August 12, 2002 by Jan van Wijk
This is a MAJOR release of the DFSee program, it includes a
full-function 32-bit DOS version now removing all limitations.
It is also the foundation that allows adding new userinterface items like menu's and dialogs in the upcoming minor releases.
DFSee is the SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE for disk and filesystem problems. With FDISK-like displays, analysis and recovery, FIX commands, UNDELETE for HPFS/NTFS, imaging and cloning. See:
Direct download links:
Most important changes:
- DFSDOS 32-bit dos extended version, full function
- FIXBOOT Fixed FAT FIXBOOT for OS2/MSDOS/IBMDOS bootsector
- DIRFIND fixed finding files for FAT32 partitions
- CHECK added statusline progress and progress-bar
- COMP new command to compare partitions, images and disks
- Status progress on statusline for long-running commands
- Option -b for buffer size SCAN/SIM/WRIM/CLONE/COMP/WIPE
- SCAN Improved SCAN speed and use new progress display
- CHECK fixed HPFS codepage errors and various FAT problems
- SLT allow 400.000 files / 300 Gb HPFS in DOS version
- DELFIND fixed logfile-format on FILEFIND/DELFIND command
- FS allow specific modes like FAT16 or FAT32
- LOG support resuming previous logfile with 'log .'
- QUERY fixed 'query fv/fp/fl' values
- CHECK allow checking volumes too, not just partitions
- Added check to multicmd to avoid DFSUNFD problems
- New registration format and name for 5.xx: dfsee.key
Check DFS*.TXT files for details
Registering DFSee will give you the right to use all 5.xx versions and get support plus a reasonable amount of assistance by email.Existing 4.xx registrations can be upgraded to 5.xx as well.
But even more important, it enables further development of DFSee!
Regards, Jan van Wijk