New release of newVIEW, go get it if your don't have it....
November 09, 2001 by Jan Magne
NewView is a replacement for View.exe, the original OS/2 help viewer.
Major enhancements are:
- New user interface (split window)
- Select and copy direct from window
- Easy to use global (all files) search
- Remembers size & position
- Most recently used files list
- Smooth scrolling display
- Current topic always highlighted in contents
- Can go forward as well as back in history
- Options for fonts, colours and more
- Annotate help files
- Fully resizeable
NewView release changes
- True Multi Document Interface so topic
windows can be sized and closed.
- Fixed bug with alignment around images
- Fix for text line chunks longer than 200 chars
Shows up mostly on hi-res screens
- Reconnected Colour wheel and value bar in options. Whoops.
- Added NewView.INF helpfile, connected to menu
"Help" - "How to Use NewView"
- Added Expand All item to view menu
Also option to Expand All on file open.
- Minor user interface fixes/enhancements
- Added gpl.txt to distribution