New beta of RSJ CD Writer
October 05, 2001 by Anonymous
New beta of RSJ CD Writer at ftp.rsj.de:/pub/cdwos2/beta
Mar 9 5:59 1,084,747 cdwos2d.exe
Mar 9 5:59 1,254,742 cdwos2fr.exe
Mar 9 6:00 982,193 cdwos2us.exe
Moderator note: At least the English version (cdwos2us.exe) identifies as version 3.51
Following is a small part of the readme file:
New to version 3.51BETA
* DAO *
Since so many recorders do not support the write mode we've been using for DAO in previous versions, we added a second method of writing DAO that seems to be widely supported. This new nethod is now the default, the previous write mode is only used if the new write mode fails. If DAO does not work (General Failure during copy, CD Writer Error Log reports Aborted Command or similar), please try to upgrade the recorder's firmware. During our tests, we had to do so for the Plextor PXW8220 (version 1.05 required)and PX-W4220 (1.04 required).
As always, success reports are most welcome!
So far, we have successfully tested the following recorders:
- Plextor PX-W8220 (firmware 1.05 req'd)
- Plextor PX-W4220 (firmware 1.04 req'd)
- Yamaha CRW2100S
- Yamaha CRW8824S
- Yamaha CRW4416S
* Installation program *
* The installer now performs a version comparison before overwriting an already existing DaniS506.ADD driver
* If the DANIATAPI.FLT driver is installed, the user can choose if he wants to install our RSJIDECD.FLT driver, since DANIATAPI provides a similar functionality for enabling write access to IDE recorders.
However, *please* read the DANIATAPI documentation *before* skipping installation of RSJIDECD.FLT. It contains information about how it has to be called to provide the functionality that RSJ CD Writer needs.
* During an upgrade, the installer checks if the call to LOCKCDR.FLT has been removed from config.sys. If so, and if the DANIATAPI.FLT driver is installed, no new call to LOCKCDR.FLT will be added.
Background: DANIATAPI.FLT also has the ability to emulate SCSI devices. Since our LOCKCDR.FLT driver does - among other things - the same, it is possible to not use LOCKCDR.FLT if DANIATAPI is properly installed.
Again, please read the information in the ANIATAPI.DOC file to find out how.
NOTE: LOCKCDR.FLT performs dynamic recorder detection during boot time. If you do not use it, you have to manually edit the cddrv.inf file.
* CopyWizard *
* To avoid problems with various display drivers, CopyWizard now supports a "Simple GPI" option in its system menu (main window). If set, the percent numbers in the progress bars are drawn with a gray background.
* If a recorder is specified in the form CDR:HA.ID (HA=host adapter index, ID=drive SCSI id), this device string is now stored and presented in the drive combo box for later use.