Survey: Photo quality printing in eCS-OS/2
April 07, 2002 by Mark Dodel
[Note: This is an email survey. Please send all replies to
. Posting replies anywhere else will not be of
I recently purchased an Epson Photo 820 printer which works very well
under eCS-OS/2 with the EPOMNI3 driver from IBM Japan
print quality for photos is about as good as on windows (so I'm told)
or a Mac (I have the parallel port connected to an eCS machine and the
USB to an iMac). But the driver utilities (nozzle check, head
alignment, head cleaning) don't work with this printer/driver
combination and the print quality tops out at 1440x720 while the
printer is capable of 2880x720 DPI.
After making some enquiries about future driver support I have in
return been asked for requirements for support of newer Epson
printers. So I have started an email survey to see what if any
interest there is in getting these printers better supported. Please
send all replies to I am particularly
interested in responses from anyone that would use this printer in a
commercial/business application or setting, but replies from anyone
truly interested in needing a photo quality printer under eCS-OS/2 are
- Please briefly describe your company (company focus / size of
company / use of OS/2)?
- If you are interested in being contacted about this please
include an email address, contact name and company name (if
- How many Epson Photo 820 printers (current and future) would you
- Would you prefer support for a different Epson model? If yes,
please explain (model/quantity needed/why preferred).
- Why would you need 2880 DPI printing?
- Which applications would you be using with this printer?