[The eCSoft/2 newsletter] The eCSoft/2 weekly newsletter - 11 2019
March 13, 2019 by firstname.lastname@example.org
-------- THE ECSOFT/2 WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - 11 2019 ----------------------------
Find in this digest all the records created or updated in the last week on the eCSoft/2 site https://ecsoft2.org.
If you find something wrong and you want to report it, or if you want to contribute updating or translating to your language the records, or if just you want to write us, visit our Contact page https://ecsoft2.org/contact or drop us an email at ecsoft2 [dot] orggmail [dot] com
* NewView 2.19.5 https://ecsoft2.org/newview
A replacement for View.exe, the original OS/2 help viewer.
* FreeRDP Client for OS/2 20190312 https://ecsoft2.org/freerdp-client-os2
A FreeRDP port for OS/2, eComStation and ArcaOS. FreeRDP is a client for
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), used in a number of Microsoft Windows
* Driver supporto di base USB 11.17 & 10.226
USB basic driver stack including UHCI, OHCI, EHCI (USB 2.0) support,
always required and to be installed first!
* Device Driver Development Kit for 16 Bit Drivers 20190310
A development kit to make developing new device drivers very easy.
* Testlog 3.25 https://ecsoft2.org/testlog
Create a log file that you can submit with your test results when
reporting a problem with a driver.
* Driver ACPI 3.23.11 https://ecsoft2.org/acpi-driver
Purpose of this driver is to provide ACPI interface:
* QSINIT 07032019 https://ecsoft2.org/qsinit
QSINIT is a replacement of OS2LDR created from scratch.
* OS/2 Trace Tools 20180329 https://ecsoft2.org/os2-trace-tools
This package includes two scripts (trcinit.cmd and trcctl.cmd) that
implement an interface to the OS/2 Trace Facility.
* Flashblock 1.5.17 https://ecsoft2.org/flashblock
Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla https://ecsoft2.org/node/574
and Firefox https://ecsoft2.org/firefox browsers that blocks ALL Flash
content from loading.
* DjView & DjVuLibre 4.10.6 & 3.5.27 https://ecsoft2.org/djview-djvulibre
Standalone viewer for DjVu files. Features include navigating documents,
zooming and panning page images, producing and displaying thumbnails.
* Links 2.18 https://ecsoft2.org/links
A text-mode web browser, which is able to correctly display tables and
frames, and to render correctly most pages, even if they include several
* 32bit Linux ext2 file system driver (EXT2 IFS) 2.40
This is an old driver for the Linux ext2 file system taken from kernels
* FAT32 0.10b https://ecsoft2.org/fat32
FAT32.IFS for OS/2 will allow you to access FAT32 partitions (max 32 Gb,
non removable) from OS/2.
* JRescuer JUne and ISJ for JFS 2.21 & 2.31
An utility to retrieve files from un-mountable JFS volumes, unavailable
due to any of a lot of reasons: phase 3 chkdsk fail etc. Includes JUne, PM
* POSIX Pthreads 20171227 https://ecsoft2.org/posix-pthreads
This library provides basic POSIX Pthreads
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POSIX_Threads support for OS/2.
* FFmpeg & FFplay 2.8.6 & 4.0.2 https://ecsoft2.org/ffmpeg-ffplay
*FFmpeg* is a very fast video and audio converter. It can also grab from a
live audio/video source.
* REXX Reference Summary Handbook https://ecsoft2.org/rexx-reference-summary-handbook
REXX Reference Summary Handbook - 4th Edizione Ottobre 1997.
* BuildSOM 1.0 https://ecsoft2.org/buildsom
BuildSOM is a REXX program that will create OS/2 WPS objects. Currently,
the program supports only program and folder objects.
* CDMagic 3.826 https://ecsoft2.org/cdmagic
CDMagic offers you the most comprehensive solution for running a local
music-database in the OS/2-/eCS-world.
* VCDBurn 0.9.5.6 https://ecsoft2.org/vcdburn
VCDBurn is a GUI frontend for ffmpeg, vcdimager, and cdrdao to transcode
video files, and build and burn a VCD image.
* DVDBurn 0.9.7.0 https://ecsoft2.org/dvdburn
DVDBurn is a GUI frontend for ffmpeg, dvdauthor, mkisofs2, and dvddao to
transcode video files, create a DVD structure, and build and burn a DVD
* Harddisk Manager 1.15 https://ecsoft2.org/harddisk-manager
Advanced and bugfixed replacement for lvmgui on Warp Server for
e-Business, ACP/MCP and eComStation. Now with full keyboard support!
* SiS Ethernet https://ecsoft2.org/sis-ethernet-driver
SiS ethernet drivers.
* The Digger Games Menu 3.0.0 https://ecsoft2.org/digger-games-menu
Menu for the OS/2 version of Digger https://ecsoft2.org/digger (a DOS game
from Windmill Software 1983) and the extra game files available from the
* Digger 20140703 https://ecsoft2.org/digger
Digger is a game originally created by Windmill software in 1983 and
remastered by Andrew Jenner in 1998. MMOS/2 (DIVE, DART) is required.