[The eCSoft/2 newsletter] The eCSoft/2 weekly newsletter - 10 2019
March 06, 2019 by firstname.lastname@example.org
-------- THE ECSOFT/2 WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - 10 2019 ----------------------------
Find in this digest all the records created or updated in the last week on the eCSoft/2 site https://ecsoft2.org.
If you find something wrong and you want to report it, or if you want to contribute updating or translating to your language the records, or if just you want to write us, visit our Contact page https://ecsoft2.org/contact or drop us an email at ecsoft2 [dot] orggmail [dot] com
* Ogg Vorbis & Libvorbis 1.3.3 & 1.3.6
Ogg Vorbis is an audio compression format similar to MP3 but free of
patented algorithms and fully open source. Plugin for PM123 included.
Port by different authors.
* FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) 1.3.2
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3,
but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in
* Opus Interactive Audio Codec Library & Opus tools 1.1.2 & 0.1.7
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_%28audio_format%29 is a totally open,
royalty-free, highly versatile audio codec.
* FluidSynth 2.0.4 https://ecsoft2.org/fluidsynth
FluidSynth is a software real-time synthesizer based on the Soundfont 2
* MikMod & MikMODPM 126.96.36.199 & 3.2.8 https://ecsoft2.org/mikmod-mikmodpm
An OS/2 PM & Text-Mode MOD Player using the MikMod Library. The MikMod
Library is a portable sound library for Unix and other systems.
* Mksh (MirBSD? Korn Shell) R57
A DFSG-free and OSD-compliant (and OSI approved) successor to pdksh shell.
* TEXTBUCH (Text book) 4.40 https://ecsoft2.org/textbuch-text-book
TEXTBUCH (text book) is a double entry book keeping program (accounting
program) only in german language.
* Digger 20140703 https://ecsoft2.org/digger
Digger is a game originally created by Windmill software in 1983 and
remastered by Andrew Jenner in 1998. MMOS/2 (DIVE, DART) is required.
* IMERJ 2.0.1 https://ecsoft2.org/imerj
IMERJ is a "poor man's" input method editor (IME) for Japanese. It allows
you to enter Japanese kana by typing romanized text in the edit window.
* Night Vision 5.1 https://ecsoft2.org/night-vision
Night Vision is a "planetarium" program for OS/2, and will display the
heavens from any location on Earth.
* FreeRDP Client for OS/2 20190301 https://ecsoft2.org/freerdp-client-os2
A FreeRDP port for OS/2, eComStation and ArcaOS. FreeRDP is a client for
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), used in a number of Microsoft Windows
* QSINIT 28022019 https://ecsoft2.org/qsinit
QSINIT is a replacement of OS2LDR created from scratch.
* Weasel 2.54 https://ecsoft2.org/weasel
Weasel: a POP3 and SMTP daemon for OS/2 (also available an IMAP optional
* Icecast 2.4.99 https://ecsoft2.org/icecast
Icecast is a free server for network streaming of multimedia contents.
* DjView & DjVuLibre 4.10.6 & 3.5.27 https://ecsoft2.org/djview-djvulibre
Standalone viewer for DjVu files. Features include navigating documents,
zooming and panning page images, producing and displaying thumbnails.
* Links 2.18 https://ecsoft2.org/links
A text-mode web browser, which is able to correctly display tables and
frames, and to render correctly most pages, even if they include several
* BuildSOM 1.0 https://ecsoft2.org/buildsom
BuildSOM is a REXX program that will create OS/2 WPS objects. Currently,
the program supports only program and folder objects.
* REXX Reference Summary Handbook https://ecsoft2.org/rexx-reference-summary-handbook
REXX Reference Summary Handbook - 4th Edizione Ottobre 1997.
* Aspell 0.60.6.1 https://ecsoft2.org/aspell
GNU Aspell is a Free and Open Source spell checker designed to eventually
replace Ispell. It can either be used as a library or as an independent
* REXX for the absolute beginner 08032012
A number of simple REXX procedures for beginners with REXX, accompanied by
an explanatory text in the *Dutch language*, in ASCII, INF, incl.
* Cardo Fonts 1.04 https://ecsoft2.org/cardo-fonts
Cardo is a large Unicode font specifically designed for the needs of
classicists, Biblical scholars, medievalists, and linguists.
* OWPZip PKZIP Archive Class 1.02
OWPZip PKZIP Archive Class extends WPS with PKZIP archive folders
supporting compressing, decompressing, opening and viewing their entries
* 32bit Linux ext2 file system driver (EXT2 IFS) 2.40
This is an old driver for the Linux ext2 file system taken from kernels
* 3D Launch Pad 20190127 https://ecsoft2.org/3d-launch-pad
Launch Pad is a WPS objects launcher for PMShell with support for PNG
* File Commander/2 2.40 https://ecsoft2.org/node/277
File Commander is a 32 bit text mode file manager and shell that allows
you to locate, copy, move, delete, view, edit and execute your files in a
quick, convenient and
* eSchemes 2.01.00 https://ecsoft2.org/eschemes
The eSchemes replaces the original eComStation Scheme editor and gathers
the functionality of Window Themes
* Megadesk (Desktop expander) 2.24 https://ecsoft2.org/styler2-and
Megadesk is a virtual desktop overview which allows you to expand the area
for your PM windows, creating many "rooms" in which to group running PM
* ELEPHANT 1.21 https://ecsoft2.org/elephant
A Tiny Dancing Elephant with a digital clock.
* Oldschool PC Font 1.0 https://ecsoft2.org/oldschool-pc-font
These scalable TrueType fonts reproduce the fonts used in BIOS and IBM PC
DOS operating systems and clones.
* Gimp 2.2.8 https://ecsoft2.org/gimp
The GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed
piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition
and image authoring.
* Squeak 3.5 https://ecsoft2.org/squeak
Squeak is an open, highly-portable Smalltalk-80
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smalltalk implementation whose virtual
machine is written entirely in Smalltalk, making it easy to debug,
* ROBOSAVE (ROBOSV) 3.04 https://ecsoft2.org/robosave-robosv
ROBOSAVE allows you to easily back up your OS/2 2.x Desktop and later
restore it to the same system. You can also specify a limited number
of files to be saved/resto
* DeskMan/2 2.0 https://ecsoft2.org/deskman2
DeskMan/2 is unmatched in its ability to fully maximize the multitasking
power and versatility of OS/2!
* XSane 0.992 https://ecsoft2.org/xsane
XSane is a powerful frontend to access scanners which are supported by
* Graham Utilities 2.1 https://ecsoft2.org/graham-utilities
The Graham Utilities for OS/2 are the largest, most comprehensive suite of
disk, file and general utilities specifically written for the OS/2
* PPWizard 17.308 https://ecsoft2.org/ppwizard
PPWizard is a free html preprocessor which is powerful and yet easy to
* PMUniMix 0.82 https://ecsoft2.org/pmunimix
An audio mixer for eCS & OS/2 with UniAud
* RxShout https://ecsoft2.org/rxshout
RxShout source client for Icecast https://ecsoft2.org/icecast server. You
can reencoding your streams on-fly using Lame https://ecsoft2.org/lame.
* Object Desktop 2.0 https://ecsoft2.org/object-desktop
Object Desktop for OS/2 is an advanced desktop environment.
* Dos2Unix 7.3.4 https://ecsoft2.org/dos2unix
Convert text files with DOS or Mac line breaks to Unix line breaks and
* ICE REXX MP3-Feeder 0.92 https://ecsoft2.org/ice-rexx-mp3-feeder
ICE REXX MP3-Feeder with PM interface for Icecast
* MadCast 0.0.1 https://ecsoft2.org/madcast
MadCast is an VBR-aware 'encoder' for IceCast https://ecsoft2.org/icecast
internet mp3 streaming server. Source code included.
* rxSock (REXX function package for TCP/IP sockets) 1.3
rxSock is a REXX function package providing access to the OS/2 TCP/IP
socket API as provided by the IBM TCP/IP product, version 1.2.1.
* Netscape Communicator 4.61 https://ecsoft2.org/netscape-communicator
Netscape Communicator US-English for OS/2 Warp.
* Watcom C++ & Fortran 11.0c https://ecsoft2.org/watcom-c-fortran
Patch for the Sybase Watcom C/C++ and Fortran compiler products V11.
* Borland C++ 2.0 https://ecsoft2.org/borland-c
The amazing Borland C++ Compiler, optimized release, finally available
also for OS/2 Warp!
* Data Transport Agent (DTA) https://ecsoft2.org/data-transport-agent-dta
This is a beta release of the new Data Transport Agent (DTA) for
* Renzoku Player/2 0.9.9 https://ecsoft2.org/renzoku-player2
A simple GUI front-end *in Rexx language* for Mplayer
https://ecsoft2.org/mplayer, KMovie Pla https://ecsoft2.org/k-movie-player
* DFSee, Display File Systems 15.6
File-system display & analysis utility. Shows partition-tables and
bootsectors. Shows all HPFS internal disk structures like Superblock,
Fnodes, Dirblocks etc.
* Firefox 45.9.0 https://ecsoft2.org/firefox
A Mozilla-based fast browser! Firefox includes: