PHP 5.2.0 Released!
November 06, 2006 by Paul Smedley
As per the below official announcement - PHP 5.2.0 was released a few days ago.
I've just uploaded an OS/2 & eComStation binary to http://smedley.info/os2ports
General feedback can be provided to pauldDESPAM@DESPAMsmedley.info, bug
reports should go to http://mantis.smedley.info
If you like this software and want to support continued ports, please consider donating via PayPal via the link in the footer at http://smedley.info/os2ports or via the Mensys online store at http://www.mensys.net/os2ports
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PHP 5.2.0 Released!
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:12:56 -0800
From: Ilia Alshanetsky
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The PHP development team is proud to announce the immediate release
of PHP 5.2.0. This release is a major improvement in the 5.X series,
which includes a large number of new features, bug fixes and security
The key features of PHP 5.2.0 include:
* New memory manager for the Zend Engine with improved performance and a
more accurate memory usage tracking.
* Input filtering extension was added and enabled by default.
* JSON extension was added and enabled by default.
* ZIP extension for creating and editing zip files was introduced.
* Hooks for tracking file upload progress were introduced.
* Introduced E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR error mode.
* Introduced DateTime and DateTimeZone objects with methods to manipulate
* Upgraded bundled SQLite, PCRE libraries.
* Upgraded OpenSSL, MySQL and PostgreSQL client libraries for Windows
* Many performance improvements.
* Over 200 bug fixes.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.2.0:
* Made PostgreSQL escaping functions in PostgreSQL and PDO extension keep
track of character set encoding whenever possible.
* Added allow_url_include, set to Off by default to disallow use of URLs
for include and require.
* Disable realpath cache when open_basedir and safe_mode are being used.
* Improved safe_mode enforcement for error_log() function.
* Fixed a possible buffer overflow in the underlying code responsible for
htmlspecialchars() and htmlentities() functions.
* Added missing safe_mode and open_basedir checks for the cURL extension.
* Fixed overflow is str_repeat() & wordwrap() functions on 64bit machines.
* Fixed handling of long paths inside the tempnam() function.
* Fixed safe_mode/open_basedir checks for session.save_path, allowing
them to account for extra parameters.
* Fixed ini setting overload in the ini_restore() function.
All users of PHP, especially those using earlier PHP 5 releases are
advised to upgrade to this release as soon as possible. This release
also obsoletes the 5.1 branch of PHP.
For users upgrading from PHP 5.0 and PHP 5.1 there is an upgrading
guide available at http://www.php.net/UPDATE_5_2.txt, detailing the
changes between those releases and PHP 5.2.0.
For a full list of changes in PHP 5.2.0, see the ChangeLog
5.2 Release Manager