Doodle Screen Saver 1.7.5
April 08, 2007 by Mark Dodel
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Mark Dodel
This is a new Screen Saver for OS/2 and eCS. It's integrated into WPS, replaces the old Lockup Desktop facility, and can cooperate with third party applications.
* v1.7.5 : 2007.03.08.
- Modified DPMS handling, so that it can be told *NOT* to use SNAP,but use direct VGA register access. This might be a bit risky, and only supports ON and OFF modes, but this is the only working method when SNAP has problems with the monitor. A REXX tool has been included to turn on/off this feature.
- Added new module: SlideShow (Thanks to Warp5!)
- Updated ShowInage and SlideShow modules to v1.7.1.
They now use the GBM library to decode images, not the MMPM IOProcs.
- Modified Cairo modules so they now link to Cairo v1.2.4
This should resolve FontConfig problems.
- Compiler upgraded to OpenWatcom v1.6.
It can be downloaded from hobbes.
Currently on Netlabs in their incoming directory:
Also the source can be found at
Please note that if you want to use the Cairo saver modules, they require
Cairo v1.2.4 Runtime to be installed first. It can be installed from
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/cairo-1.2.4-os2-bin.exe or from hobbes:
Articles at EDM/2 about how to create modules for Doodle's Screen Saver:
Do you think you could do better skins for the Pretty Clock module?
Here is the description for the skin file then:
WSE'2005 presentation about creating new modules using Cairo: