DFSee 8.14 released
April 14, 2007 by Jan van Wijk
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Jan van Wijk
DFSee 8.14 has just been released.
Sort partition-tables in any order in PTE, HEX editor enhancements, added and updated warning messages and several small enhancements or bug fixes.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, file recovery, UNDELETE for HPFS JFS, and NTFS, resizing, imaging, cloning and sector editing.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Note: Most of these can also be downloaded using '814'
instead of the generic '8xx' version number
Or from the HOBBES website:
Most important functional changes since 8.13:
- DFSCHECK add Reiser and Ext2/3 filesystems analysis scripts
- Dist-ZIP add 'versionX.YY' file for quick version checking
- Filename in dialogs, preserve single-quotes, allow "Log's"
- Hex-edit Alt-E, Alt-J, Alt-K, Alt-S for cursor related marks
- Hex-edit Add Alt-1 .. Alt-0 for 1..10 byte sized mark areas
- Hex-edit Add Alt-R reverses bytes in mark (endian correction)
- Hex-edit Add Alt-C for copy data, Alt-M for copy and move mark
- Hex-edit Allow paste HEX-data from clipboard on a single line
- LVM Dlg Allow setting of driveletter '*' for 'auto assign'
- LVMSHOW fixed for showing info for partition on other disk
- MENU File > Open Volume inform when object is a partition
- Mouse Make right button available for OS (clipboard etc)
- PART -w Warn on primary partition inside EXTended container
- PART -w Explain 'Obsolete entry X' in LVM DLAT, run 'LVM -c'
- PART -w Reword GPT/EFI warning, incl iMAC, allow total remove
- PART -w Warning when I13X BMGR present, but no I13X MBR code
- PTE Dlg Custom sort order fields + button, to allow any order
- RESIZE Fix maximum size displayed for FAT in expand dialog
- RESIZE Keep exact start-sector for non-aligned partitions
DFSee Home: http://www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee -