Beta version of Cameraderie v1.5b
April 19, 2007 by VOICE News
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: VOICE News
Rich Walsh has released a beta update to his Cameraderie photo organizer/downloader utility.
"I've just added support for mass-storage-device cameras and flash cards to Cameraderie, my digital camera downloader & "pre-organizer". Now, I need some help testing it out. If you're interested, try:
All of Cameraderie's features are available:
- a unified display that lets you view every photo on the device in a single window, either as thumbnails or as a detailed listing
- versatile sorting and renaming features so that every photo can be saved in the directory you want with the name you want
- automatic rotation that ensures your photos will always be
viewed and saved right-side up
It offers NLS support for German, Dutch, French, & English, and its readme describes every feature in detail (French & English only).
I've done extensive testing using a fairly unreliable flash card and reader, so I'm pretty sure it's solid but I'd like to confirm that. I'm particularly interested in finding out whether:
- MSD cameras are recognized when connected directly
- flash cards are recognized when used in PCMCIA or ATAPI readers
- using LVM (if available) to automatically mount drives causes any issues
FYI... Because Cameraderie is not (yet) a general-purpose photo viewer, it will only work with drives that "look like cameras", i.e. removable drives with a 'DCIM' subdirectory in the root. All others will be ignored.
Thanks for your help...