May 01, 2007 by Peter Koller
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: "Peter Koller"
This is the first beta release of sane2twain, an open source twain dsm that will enable programs like PMView and Maul Publisher to acquire images from your scanner.It has just been uploaded to
This version can:-
- Preview images.
- Select an area.
- Zoom in and out (and scroll about).
- Set a number of options, depending on the scanner.
- Display progress indicators.
It uses libsane from Paul Smedley, see http://www.smedley.info/sane.html
You should try and get tame V1.04b to work before attempting to use sane2twain.
This version is imperfect, and some options appear to cause a crash. NOW is the time for other interested parties to help enhance this project. This is of particular importance as I have now run out of funds and must continue with Maul Publisher. Please consider helping in the following areas:-
* Testing and debugging.
* Prettier GUI layout and graphical buttons.
* Customising scanner options.
* Writing a Help Manual.
* Translating to other languages.
* Making a warpin package, and general installation.
* Writing a review of this program for an e-newsletter such as os2voice.
* Upload this version to hobbes - my ISP appears to be blacklisted, and until I change provider I will not be able to upload it.
The source for sane2twain is available from http://svn.netlabs.org/sane2twain
The development of this program is funded in large part by Maul Publisher maintenance subscriptions. I would like to personally thank all of those who contributed, and I look forward to be able to provide other OS/2 apps and features in the future.