Sane2twain second alpha release
April 24, 2007 by Peter Koller
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: "Peter Koller"
This is the second alpha prototype of sane2twain, an open source twain dsm that will enable programs like PMView and Maul Publisher to acquire images from your scanner. It has just been uploaded to
Eventually sane2twain will enable you to scan from any twain enabled eCS or OS/2 application that correctly supports the twain standard.
Currently, sane2twain can
- Preview images.
- Select an area.
- Zoom in and out (and scroll about).
- Set a limited number of options.
- Display progress indicators.
It uses libsane from Paul Smedley, see http://www.smedley.info/sane.html
You should try and get tame V1.04b to work before attempting to use sane2twain.
The application is provided so that you can
1) Tell me which options your scanner provides (see readme in zip)
2) Tell me if this works on your computer.
3) Express an interest. Should I continue with this, or am I wasting my time?
4) Do some scanning on the OS/2 or eCS platform.
This version has some limited error checking, but is also slightly more flaky than the earlier one... More later!
The development of this program is funded in large part by Maul Publisher maintenance subscriptions. I would like to personally thank all of those who contributed, and I look forward to be able to provide other OS/2 apps and features in the future.