DFSee 8.16 released; bug-fixes
June 08, 2007 by Jan van Wijk
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Jan van Wijk
DFSee 8.16 has just been released.
This is a bug-fix release, solving two annoying bugs:
1) Disk-to-Disk clone using SMART would corrupt FAT partitions
2) Expanding a logical partition would mis-align it and fail
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, file recovery, UNDELETE for HPFS, JFS, and NTFS, resizing, imaging, cloning and sector editing.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Note: Most of these can also be downloaded using '816'
instead of the generic '8xx' version number
Or from the HOBBES website:
Most important functional changes since 8.15:
- CR Fix IBM BootManager LSN string syntax in EBR sectors
- CLONE Fixed disk-to-disk smart clone cluster-skip on FAT
- EDIT hex Only use 32-byte wide startup at 140 colums or more
- RESIZE Fixed expanding a LOGICAL resulting in bad alignment
- SCAN New -skipbads option for quick scans, default 1 MiB
DFSee Home: http://www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee -