New enhanced releases of Mozilla applications [eSeaMonkey 1.1.2,
June 04, 2007 by Peter Weilbacher
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Peter Weilbacher
My newest batch of enhanced Mozilla apps
- eSeaMonkey 1.1.2 (integrated internet suite, successor of "Mozilla")
- PmW-Fx 18.104.22.168 (an enhanced Firefox 22.214.171.124)
- PmW-Tb 126.96.36.199 (an enhanced Thunderbird 2.0+)
are available via http://pmw-warpzilla.sf.net/ > . Enhancements over the official versions are
* SVG and Canvas support
* better WPS integration
* EA URL tagging of downloads
* MNG/JNG support
* included ipluginw.dll for plugin support
* high memory support
They require libc062.dll from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/gcc to run.
These releases pick up all the changes and several security fixes done by Mozilla since my last release, i.e. between 07 March 2007 and 30 May 2007.
OS/2 specific changes since the last release are:
- PmW-Fx and PmW-Tb are now built as high-memory enabled versions.
- Restart problems with PmW-* have now been resolved (I hope)
- Support for codepages 1125 and 1131 is now included in all apps.
- eSeaMonkey and PmW-Fx now use a special OS/2 build of Fontconfig to display text in SVG objects. %HOME%.fonts.conf is no longer created or used.
Note that users of older versions and epecially the Gecko 1.8.0.x line of products should upgrade to these as soon as possible to these versions for security reasons.