ACPI 3.10 is available
July 12, 2008 by Eugene Gorbunoff
From: Eugene Gorbunoff
A) Fresh news: We get more reports that eComStation works fine on 8 cores.
B) Why to install ACPI for eComStation?
You should install ACPI for eComStation to:
Common (Notebooks, servers, barebones):
* to initialize PC (the devices are not initialized on boot without ACPI),
* to use multi-core CPU (Core Duo, AMD X2). Especially, if you want run
computer in APIC mode,
* device drivers for eComStation depend on ACPI,
* ACPI provides information about the computer to drivers, applications
and system information utilities.
* to manage power management (suspend/resume/poweroff)
* to reduce power consumption
* The main purpose of the driver is to provide ACPI interface to applied
The rules changed:
ACPI tracker -- http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/1 - > [New ticket]
Register to Login -- http://www.netlabs.org/site/member/
don't use short name&password, save your password
D) How to contribute to ACPI project?