OpenJDK6 1.6.0-b22 RC2
April 01, 2011 by firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest version of OpenJDK 6 is 1.6.0-b22 RC2 released on 28.03.2011. This is a second release candidate version that fixes a number of bugs in the previous release candidate as well as updates OpenJDK to beta 22.
You also need the newest Odin with this OpenJDK6.
From the OpenJDK6 changelog:
- Updated OpenJDK sources to b22
- Fixed and improved system tray support
- Fixed: Sound did not work in LIBPATHSTRICT=T mode (Odin bug).
- Fixed: SIGABRT that would unexcpectedly terminate some Java applications, e.g. IzPack based installers (GCC compiler bug).
- Fixed: Crash during Drag'n'Drop operations in some Java applications, e.g. JAlbum (Odin bug).
- Fixed DLL loading code in the JVM that would print a useless message when one of the required DLLs is not found.
- A bunch of smaller fixes in Odin libraries that should improve OpenJDK behavior.
From the Odin changelog:
- general: Workaround the OS/2 loader bug in LIBPATHSTRICT=T mode
- general: A big bunch of fixes (headers and so on) for SDK mode.
- odincrt: Fixed a tiny typo in DosQueryModuleHandleStrict() that could sometimes cause 100% CPU load at application startup
- kernel32: VirtualQuery: Succeed with MEM_FREE for one page when querying an unallocated address in the private arena
- kernel32: Report ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND from LoadLibrary() when it fails to load a DLL due to missing import modules, to mimic Win32 behavior.
- tools/wrc: Restored generating GAS output by default. MASM output is now generated by specifying the -M option.
- shell32: Shell_NotifyIcon(): Create a copy of the supplied icon because the caller may DestroyIcon() on it at any time (which would cause systray to display an empty rectangle). This matches Windows behavior.
- shell32: Implemented support for xsystray (Extended System Tray widget for XCenter) which provides more functionality (in particular, "TaskbarCreated" message broadcasting).