DFSee version 15.5 has been released
December 23, 2018 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 15.5 has been released.
MINOR release, meaning you get it for FREE if you have a 15.x key already.
Introduces DISK IDENTIFICATION strings, used with the 'media' and 'disklist'
commands as well as in the description on all disk-selection menus/lists.
This shows the disk brand/type and possibly other info as known by the
opeating system and avoids picking the wrong disk for an operation.
It has other nice improvements in several other areas too:
- Automatic default 'single file' or multiple-files' in the IMAGE dialog
based on target filesystem (FAT and HPFS multiple, rest single-file)
- Current DATE appended to log filenames, using trailing '~' character
- A specific PROFILE script filename can be specified on startup
- Entryfields default to OVERWRITE mode for small fields, INSERT on others
and typing inside a 'marked' area in the fields erases that mark first
As usual there are also several minor problem fixes and enhancements.
For details, see below.
Note: Version 14.8 (or later) users can update directly using the menu:
Program Updates / Downloads ->
Get latest STABLE update
(Works with the OS/2, Windows, Linux and macOS versions, if WGET is there)
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, smart imaging
or cloning of partitions or complete disks, HEX/binary disk or file editing,
filesystem and disk analysis, directory/file browsing with edit/view/copy
capabilities and much more ...
More details at:
Download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 15.4
- ALLOC: Better progress text: 'Get ALLOCATION info, at Sector:'
- CR: Updated help (cr -?) with examples for 'mcs-number' syntax
- DISK SelLists: Show disk ID in description (Linux/Windows/OS2)
- DISKLIST: Output format now 2 lines, 2nd is indented description
- EXTn: Avoid segmentation violation when no superblock present
- FILEDLG: Callback function to signal volume/driveletter change
- IMAGE DLG: Auto default for single/multi file based on target-FS
- LOG: Trailing '~' char in logfilename expands to current DATE
- MEDIA: Show the disk-identification string when available
- MEDIA/DISKLIST: Correct Disk-ID string for QSinit PAE RAM-disks
- MENU: Add REASON to message about disabled freespace areas (CR)
- MENU: DOS VERSION, add 'download updates' DISABLED, with reason
- MENU: Edit ->Settings/Properties, DFSee ->Auto log DATE postfix
- MENU: Partition open/select items explicitly add the -a option
- OS2: Show disk-id string on IDE DANIS506.ADD (media/disklist)
- OS2: Show disk-id string on SATA OS2AHCI.ADD (media/disklist)
- OS2: Show disk-id string on USB USBMSD.ADD (media/disklist)
- PART: Do NOT show FS allocation unless '-a' option (saves time)
- PRESTORE: Fixed parsing a .PDx disk-number (was broken in 15.4)
- PROGRESS: Make sure values up to 99.99% are rounded DOWN not up
- SET INSERT off | on | N: sets (auto) INSERT entryfield length
- SET: 'LOG DATE' sets LOG auto DATE postfix on (or OFF or NUM)
- STARTUP: switch -logdate sets logfilename auto DATE postfix ON
- STARTUP: switch -insert:n sets (auto) INSERT entryfield length
- STARTUP: switch -profile- disables execution of standard profile
- STARTUP: switch -profile:name executes specific profile script
- UI: ENTRYFIELD, auto INSERT: ON for large fields, OFF for small
- UI: ENTRYFIELD, delete mark, when typing INSIDE the marked area
- UI: Use 7-bit ASCII output setting for window drawing as well
- UI: Windows, force codepage 437 unless '-7' EXE switch is used
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com